Good Shepherd Lutheran School provides supervised care for working families before and after school. Any student arriving before 8:00 a.m. or remaining after 3:30 p.m. will be charged as a participant in the “Drop-in Care” program as described below. *
School doors open at 8:00 am. This is 15 minutes before classes begin. Students who are not participating in the Shepherd’s Kids Program should not enter the school building before 8:00 am. Classroom supervision begins at this time. Upon arrival students are expected to play or work quietly in their room until school begins at 8:15 am.
School is normally dismissed at 3:30 pm every day. Students are not to remain after school unless involved in a scheduled activity or Shepherd’s Kids. Students who leave school at the regular dismissal time are not to return except for scheduled activities of the church or school.
Parents are expected to drop off or pick up their child on time within 15 minutes of the beginning or the end of the school day. A written note should inform each respective teacher in advance if a student needs to come to school early or remain after the closing of the school day. Please report any last minute changes to the school office or to the Shepherd’s Kids provider.
The times for Shepherd’s Kids Extended Care are:
7:00 am – 8:00 am 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm or 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Breakfast and afternoon snack is offered every day. Breakfast is served at 7:30 a.m.
Scheduling and billing for Shepherd’s Kids is normally done quarterly in advance through your TADS Account. There are no refunds or credits for unused days (exception of snow days). Please update a new Request For Service Form when a change to your schedule occurs. The current rate for service is $3.80 per hour, per student.
* Drop-in Care is limited to one (1) day a week of Shepherd’s Kids (This option is available for emergency or unforeseen situations only). The current rate for Drop- in Care is $5.00 per hour, per child. The Drop-in Care is a pay-per-use service and WILL NOT be billed through your TADS Account. Payment is due the same day service is provided. You may place cash or a check in the Payment Box near the school office with a memo that indicates the reason for payment. If you know that your child(ren) will be present regularly, we ask that you complete a Request For Service Form.
Late pick up: Mutual cooperation and consideration is vital for this program to work. Please call the office or extended care supervisor as soon as you recognize that you will be late. Late fees are assessed for each minute that you are late picking up after 5:30 p.m. The fee is $1.00 for each minute you are late. We use the clock in the hallway at the bottom of the steps as you enter the school. This is not billed through TADS. Payment is due on the day your are late.
- Morning care is not provided when school begins late.
- Afternoon care is not provided when school dismisses early.
- Care is not provided on days when school is not in session.
All regular classroom rules apply to extended care time.
The Shepherd’s Kids supervisors are accorded the same supervisory and disciplinary authority as teachers, which means they will…
- require that wandering or loitering students gather in the designated after school area.
- keep a daily attendance sheet and other information that the administrator may consider useful.
- maintain order and discipline, and report all incidents of disruptive behavior.
- release students only to their parents or other persons with prior authorization.
Parents or their designee must come to the extended care supervisor and sign their child in/out when they are dropping off or picking up. The supervisor may ask for identification or take other reasonable precautions to protect your child.